Early Music - Auditioning for ALL Voice Parts

  • Seventh Avenue Performances
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2005
      San Francisco Renaissance Voices (SFRV) is currently auditioning for all voice
      parts for both its core and extra chorus for its October 28 performance of Cristobal
      de Morales' and Duarte Lobo's REQUIEMS. Our positions are paid based on a cut of
      the house receipts from the performance. You should have experience singing at
      the professional or "near professional" level and be comfortable singing
      2 voices to a part. Early music "straight tone" is preferred but not
      required. Rehearsals schedule is being set and rehearsals are held at Seventh Avenue Presbyterian Church (1329 Seventh Avenue between Irving and Judah Streets) in San Francisco. To be considered for an audition, contact us at sfrvoices@... with a brief description about your interest, your voice part, and a description of your singing experience/musical background.

      SFRV are Artists-in-Residence with Seventh Avenue Performances and made its debut
      in October 2004 with a sold-out performance of Victoria's Requiem. Our concerts feature
      rarely performed choral works from the Renaissance and this year the group began "The
      Polyphony Project", a five year program exploring Renaissance music by dedicating
      a year to each of the major Renaissance "schools"; during 2005 we perform
      music from the "Spanish School". Learn more about us at http://www.SAPerforms.org