Tenor needed for new opera demo

  • Ken Malucelli
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2005
      Dear tenor/singing friends:

      Posting this for a friend. Perhaps you or someone you know would be
      interested? Please DO NOT CALL OR E-MAIL ME RE THIS, as I am not
      involved in the project. Contact Mary Watkins directly, as stated
      below.
      Thx,
      Ken Malucelli

      - - - - - - - -

      A lyric tenor is urgently needed to record an aria approximately 3:30
      minutes
      long for a demo which must be finished by mid August. Tessitura is the
      mid
      range ending on a high A.

      The aria, from Queen Clara, a new opera about Clara Barton, founder of
      the
      American Red Cross, is sung by Dr. Dunn, who works very closely with
      her in
      a battlefield scene. He is singing compassionately of Clara's courage
      under
      extreme pressure and constant exposure to the dangers of war.

      The music is tonal and lyrical, passionate and dramatic.

      If you are interested, please call Mary Watkins, composer: 510/547-0731.