Peninsula/South Bay Octet 'The Special Guests' Seeks Alto

  • Nina Goldschlager
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2005
      Are you an Alto looking for a co-ed a cappella group
      based in the Peninsula/South Bay?

      We're "The Special Guests" (formerly known as "7 of
      8"). Our goal is to be a high-quality group, but still
      maintain a fun, casual atmosphere. We gig every few
      months: Last fall we recorded at Ex'pression College
      for Digital Arts, in March we sang at a Campbell
      coffeehouse with the MIT Chorallaries, and just last
      week we performed with High Five for an audience of
      150+ family and friends in Palo Alto. We also sing
      holiday carols at the Filoli estate and a local
      hospital every December.

      We're lining up more performance opportunities to keep
      us motivated, but we are not primarily a performing
      group as we prioritize our jobs and families. Our
      repertoire is eclectic; some highlights are listed
      below. We rehearse Tuesday evenings in Los Altos under
      the guidance of a talented music director.

      Our members have experience singing in a cappella and
      choral groups. Ideally you read music and have
      experience singing with a group, but previous a
      cappella experience is not necessary (though a plus,
      of course).

      Some selections in our current repertoire:
      - Spontaneous Human Combustion (by The Bobs)
      - That Lonesome Road (James Taylor)
      - Rusty Old Halo (Hoyt Axton)
      - Lullabye/Goodnight My Angel (Billy Joel)
      - Africa (Toto)
      - Don't Get Around Much Anymore (Duke Ellington)

      If you're interested, please email me, Nina
      Goldschlager, at specialguests@.... Please
      include a brief description of your relevant music
      experience. Ideally, we'd like to schedule the
      auditions for August 2 and August 9, so a quick reply
      would be appreciated. Thank you!

      http://mail.yahoo.com