Singing In Circle @ Lama Foundation

  • Kate Munger
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 24, 2005
      I'd sure appreciate your forwarding this to your friends
      who might be interested. It's just over a month away. Thanks. Kate

      Lama Foundation presents

      Singing In Circle

      With Terry Garthwaite, Kate Munger, and

      Becky Reardon

      Sept 8, 2005 (Thurs) - Sept 11, 2005 (Sun)

      Cost: $240 - $400, sliding scale

      For more information please contact the Lama Foundation by Phone: 505-586-1269

      Email: info@... or visit our website at: www.lamafoundation.org

      Lama Foundation PO Box 240 San Cristobal, NM 87564

      Welcome to a weekend of singing in circle and learning songs, recognizing and immersing ourselves in the healing nature of circle singing. We will be singing songs of celebration, ceremony and community; songs celebrating the earth, our own spirit and creativity, songs of healing and passage, songs of playfulness and joy. Come raise your voice and heart in song!

      Terry Garthwaite (www.terrygarthwaite.com) is an internationally known singer, songwriter, composer, producer, and teacher. In performance she has shared the stage with such artists as BB King, Janis Joplin, Bonnie Raitt, and The Band. Terry's recent recordings reflect an awareness of the healing nature of music with songs of hope and heart that encourage empowerment and delight.

      Kate Munger (www.thresholdchoir.org) began gathering women together in Point Reyes to sing rounds in the full moon, 25 years ago. In the past five years, she's founded 27 Threshold Choirs for women who are called to sing at the bedsides of people who are dying, in coma and newborns.

      Becky Reardon (http://homepage.mac.com/ beckyreardon/rounds) is a composer and performer whose rounds celebrating the seasons, the moon and stars, and the sacred diversity of life are sung in singing circles all across the US. Her recordings include: Songs for a Walk and Follow The Motion.

      Kate Munger
      kate@...
      Box 173, Inverness CA 94937
      415-669-1413 home