Auditions for Sacred & Profane 2006 season

  • Dalia
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2005
      Auditions for Sacred & Profane, a chamber chorus
      2005-2006 Season

      Sacred & Profane has openings for voices in all sections (SATB). If
      you are an experienced singer with a healthy voice & a great
      attitude, please audition with us for this extraordinary 2005-2006
      season.

      The 2005-2006 season begins with our December concert of Christmas
      and Advent Motets and in February we will present Choral Works with
      Organ: Duruflé Requiem & Pärt Berliner Requiem. Our season ends in
      May with our Spring concert: Music of Frank Martin. Concerts will
      take place in Berkeley, Walnut Creek & San Francisco. Rehearsals are
      held on Monday evenings 7:30-10 PM in the Oakland/Rockridge area.
      Auditions will be held on Sunday, 28 August, and on the evening of
      Monday, 29 August.

      To schedule an audition, please call or e-mail the director, Rebecca
      Seeman (510) 428-2686 or seeman@....

      About Sacred & Profane
      Founded in 1977, S&P is a chamber chorus that performs a wide variety
      of a cappella choral music. Concert repertoire includes sacred &
      secular works from the middle ages to the contemporary period,
      drawing from classical, ethnic & folk traditions. We aim to provide
      an inspiring & educational experience for audiences & chorus members
      through innovative programming, intensive preparation & high quality
      performances. S&P is composed of 24 to 32 singers (SATB), each
      bringing a high level of experience & musicianship to the chorus. For
      more information about our members or auditioning for S&P go to our
      website at www.sacredprofane.org.
      2005-2006 Season
      Christmas Concert: Christmas and Advent Motets
      First half: Selected motets by Palestrina, Byrd, Victoria, Sweelinck,
      Lauridsen, and Roxbury
      Second half: Rheinberger: Advent Motetten, op. 176
      Poulenc: Quatre motets pour le temps de Noël, Op. 152
      - Saturday, December 10, 8 PM: Concert in Berkeley
      - Sunday, December 11, 7 PM: Concert in San Francisco
      February Concert: Works with Organ
      Duruflé Requiem
      Pärt Berliner Requiem
      - Saturday, 25 February, 8 PM: Concert in Berkeley
      - Sunday, 26 February, 4 PM: Concert in Walnut Creek
      May Concert: Music of Frank Martin
      First Half: Songs of Ariel
      Second Half: Messe pour double choer
      - Saturday, May 20, 8 PM: Concert in Berkeley
      - Sunday, May 21, 7 PM: Concert in San Francisco
      email (seeman@...) or phone (510-428-2686)