Auditioning: Tenor and Bass ( Marin Co. A cappella Group)

  • Singers Wanted
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2005
      We are talented singers (Sop 1&2/Alto 1/Alto 2) forming a 4-5 part
      [SATTB] a cappella group based in Marin County. We are seeking the
      right person who brings a great voice, and dedication to the group. We
      are searching for someone who strives for excellence in his or her
      musicianship and take performing seriously while having fun and enjoying
      the experience. We would be thrilled to have someone who can improvise,
      create a new sound or contribute to the arrangements.

      The ideal candidates are:
      1) Tenor - 3rd part/ male vocalist
      2) Baritone/Vocal Percussionist - 4th part/ male vocalist who is
      familiar with jazz bass lines and rhythms. Beat boxing a real plus.

      We will be developing a unique sound with pop, jazz/standards,
      gospel/soul and possibly other influences. Our interest is in creating
      original arrangements plus performing a standard repertoire selected
      from various arrangers and composers.

      We are experienced musicians who are serious about music, ambitious, and
      want to have a great time singing. We love being on stage and creating a
      unique musical experience while supporting our local community through
      live performances. Rehearsals will be once a week for 3 hours.

      Are you a choral singer looking for a more intimate and challenging
      vocal experience? Maybe you love a cappella and want to be a part of a
      successful singing group. You could be an instrumentalist who also has
      an outstanding singing voice. You may be looking for a group where all
      the participants want to achieve a unified voice while working towards
      excellence in performance.

      ARE YOU READY TO AUDITION?

      If you are interested in auditioning, please reply to this email with
      your address and phone number so we can send you the music. Please also
      send along some information about yourself, specifically why you
      think you are a good match for the group we've described. Auditions
      will be scheduled on a first come first serve basis.

      Looking forward to hearing from you!

      Jennifer

      Email: vocals@...