Auditions: Jazz Vocal Group: Female

  • jpettus@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2005
      5/10/05
      Auditions
      The High Seas
      (Jazz Vocal Group)

      The High Seas is an all woman vocal jazz octet directed by Sandy Cressman and
      sponsored by the St. Francis Yacht Club in San Francisco. We're a tight-knit,
      fun-loving group which performs challenging, original SSAA arrangements of
      standard and "not so standard" jazz and pop tunes. We perform both a cappella
      and accompanied (piano or trio), at numerous Bay Area and St. Francis Yacht Club
      events. We rehearse Monday evenings, 7-9 PM, at the Yacht Club.

      Positions currently available are soprano 1 (principal), alto 1 (alternate)
      and alto 2 (alternate). Candidates should have a love of vocal jazz, sight
      reading ability, excellent pitch, good showmanship and the ability to sing without
      vibrato. Candidates must be able to commit to weekly Monday night rehearsals
      as well as performances and occasional extra rehearsals. We're looking for a
      good blend with the group, vocal and otherwise.

      Auditions will be held at the St. Francis Yacht Club on Monday, May 23, 7-9
      PM and possibly one Monday in July if necessary. In addition to singing two
      numbers with the group, auditioners are asked to prepare a solo (jazz or show
      tune) of their choice. Music and tapes for the group numbers will be provided
      beforehand.

      If your audition is successful, and after a six month to one year trial
      period, High Seas participants may join the St. Francis Yacht Club as Associate
      Members. Associate Members enjoy the same privileges as regular Yacht Club
      members, but pay reduced dues.

      For more information, including photos and sound clips, visit The High Seas
      website at www.hiseas.org or contact Jackie Edenholm Pettus:
      JPettus@...; (415) 221-3518 (9AM-5PM).