*Special* Sunday Sing This Sunday 5/3

  • Ken Purchase
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 1998
      Hello Singers!

      This week, Paul Sinasohn will be leading the Sunday Sing as a special
      guest conductor. He is planning all kinds of interesting stuff,
      including some standards, some world music, a 12-bar blues
      progression, and the "Geographical Fugue." If that's not enough to
      tempt you, well, you need to get a life. :)

      Once again, it is coming time for the Sunday Sing. We'll meet Sunday
      May 3, 1998, 3-5pm, in Mountain View, CA, directions below. Sings are
      usually the first Sunday of the month, see the calendar below.

      This is no featured guest performer this week.

      At the Sunday Sings, we sing a lot of fun stuff, mostly oldies and a
      cappella standards, and any other music brought in by the organizers
      or interested singers. There are no limits on the genres or styles of
      music. All are welcome, and the whole thing is just for the fun of
      singing a capella.

      A few dollars may be collected at the door to cover the costs of
      copying music, etc.

      If anyone has any sheet music you'd like to bring along, please either
      bring 20 copies, or get the music to me for copying.

      Also, many Sunday Singers are getting together to form *new*groups* in
      the south bay area. Email me if you're interested (purchase@...)

      Thanks!
      Ken

      CALENDAR:
      The first Sunday of every month, with the exception of January, July &
      September (second Sunday), as follows:

      Sunday 05/03/98 3:00-5:00
      Sunday 06/07/98 3:00-5:00
      Sunday 07/12/98 3:00-5:00 (second Sunday due to July 4)
      Sunday 08/02/98 3:00-5:00
      Sunday 09/13/98 3:00-5:00 (second Sunday due to Labor Day)
      Sunday 10/04/98 3:00-5:00
      Sunday 11/01/98 3:00-5:00
      Sunday 12/06/98 3:00-5:00
      Sunday 01/10/99 3:00-5:00 (second Sunday due to New year)

      DIRECTIONS:

      Cafe Iris, Building 5 Lower, Silicon Graphics main campus, Mtn View

      From 101S:
      exit at Shoreline Blvd
      turn left at the top of the exit ramp onto Shoreline
      continue on Shoreline to the 4th stop light
      (Stierlin Court-there's a big red sculpture on the corner)
      turn right onto the SGI campus
      B5 is the 4th building on the right
      park anywhere
      enter through the double doors at the front corner of the bldg

      From 101N:
      exit at Shoreline Blvd (can be tricky due to the 85 feed)
      turn left at the stop light onto Shoreline
      continue on Shoreline to the 3rd stop light
      (Stierlin Court-there's a big red sculpture on the corner)
      turn right onto the SGI campus
      B5 is the 4th building on the right
      park anywhere
      enter through the double doors at the front corner of the bldg

      You can use the following map to get to SGI:
      http://www.sgi.com/Overview/images/campus_map.jpg

      Thanks!
      Ken Purchase
      purchase@...
      (650)965-4832

      Dr. Ken Purchase purchase@...
      175 Evandale Ave #9 ofc: (408)748-6283
      Mountain View, CA 94043 fax: (408)970-8615
      home: (650)965-4832 (650)wok-4-tea
      resume available on www: http://echo.phs.uiuc.edu/~kgp
      "College - the best ten years of my life."