Church Tenor Soloist in East Bay Needed

  • ken
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2005
      Dear Singer Friends:

      Posting this to one and all. Maybe you or someone you know?
      Contact info was not included, so you'd need to call 411 or
      whatever. Do NOT respond to me re this op.
      Thx!
      KM

      - - - - - - - - -

      TENOR NEEDED

      An interesting job in an interesting church --
      Trinity United Methodist Church in Berkeley. This
      is a paid position as a soloist and section
      leader for the Chancel Choir.
      Piano skills are an asset--with higher salary.
      Hours: 8:15 - 11:15 Sunday mornings.

      We need a solo voice, ideally a good reader, but
      we could consider someone who is willing to work
      to learn the the notes.

      This is a great opportunity for a student who is
      seriously interested in music. We do Bach.
      Mozart. Mendelssohn. Rutter. Brubeck. Bernstein.
      Renaissance. Gospel. Spirituals. A bit of jazz.
      ... Whatever, as long as it is great music. There
      is opportunity for musical growth --including the
      chance to do some conducting.

      Trinity, located at Bancroft and Dana, is
      notable for many reasons, including that it is
      the home of the Berkeley Free Clinic and the
      Trinity Concert Series. There is a tradition of
      fine preaching, fine music, and high dedication to
      spiritual growth and to social activism.

      The choir numbers about a dozen, and most are
      semi-professional, a neat group of dedicated
      fun-loving people. As the acoustics are
      magnificent,and we have a core quartet of soloists,
      and the director is a world-class musician,
      the choir always sounds good.

      Compensation: To be discussed
      This is a part-time job.
      This is at a non-profit organization.
      Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
      Phone calls about this job are ok.
      Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or
      commercial interests.
      Reposting this message elsewhere is OK.
      OK to repost to Job Developers for Persons with Disabilities.