Are you a bass or tenor who wants to sing?
- MALE VOICES are needed for East Bay Harmony, an Oakland-based community
a cappella chorus. We are a mixed chorus, but right now we're in search
of men to improve our current balance of voices.
- No auditions - all adults welcome!
- No music reading skill required (helpful practice CDs provided)
- Fun, friendly people
- Repertoire is all a cappella (no instrumental accompaniment)
East Bay Harmony is an a cappella community chorus that rehearses weekly
in Oakland and is open to all adults. We exist to promote the fun of
singing together and building community through singing. We also perform
periodically around the Bay Area.
As mentioned above, our repertoire is all a cappella, and generally
consists of a combination of contemporary pop and rock, doo-wop, world
music, jazz, some rounds, and whatever people suggest (choosing
repertoire is a pretty democratic process). We don't generally sing
classical music, although we'll throw in a fun madrigal from time to
time. Samples of songs we've sung can be found at our website (see below).
Rehearsal info (drop in anytime!):
WHEN: Monday nights from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
WHERE: St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 114 Montecito Ave. in Oakland (near
where Harrison St. meets Grand Ave., right next to Lake Merritt).
We're not affiliated with the church; we just rent space there.
For more information, either:
- Check out our website: http://www.eastbayharmony.org
- Call Marlene at (510) 649-1295 or Mark at (510) 547-4597
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]