Invitation fron Oakland Youth Chorus

  • Sunshine F. Becker
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2005
      Dear Music Lover,

      The Oakland Youth Chorus is having some serious growing pains. As always,
      there are continuing financial issues since the demise of many of the Arts
      grants programs. In addition, OYC is seeking a new Executive Director and
      redefining the face of OYC. As it looks right now, the concert chorus is so
      small (12-16 kids � yes, that�s right) that the main focus is on recruiting
      singers, especially men.

      I am sending this to you because you are, or most certainly know a young
      person who should go and audition for OYC! OYC is how i got my singing
      career off the ground with SoVoSo, and I learned a tremendous amount
      performing there. So...

      audition at OYC no later than February 15. kids can be anywhere from 11 to
      21. There is room and there is currently no tuition.

      Oakland Youth Chorus

      2501 Harrison Street

      Oakland, CA

      (510) 287-9700

      www.oaklandyouthchorus.org

      Thanks for your time, and please pass this email onto your folks! Sunshine