Re: [ba-acappella] East Bay or SF venue for a Tsunami benefit?

  • Phil DeBar
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2005
      Stephen, Deke, Steve Pearce, and everybody who's thinking about doing
      a benefit show -----

      A group of Easy Bay barbershop choruses and quartets *has already
      booked* the 1,400-seat Chabot College Theater for a Tsunami benefit
      Sunday Jan 23. I think that 2 shows are being contemplated, like 2pm
      and 7 pm....but I am not in charge.

      Speaking just for myself, I would be more likely to attend a show that
      has a wider variety of acappella than just barbershop (which I do 2-3
      nights a week anyways....)

      There's a meeting tonight to organize a show, and it seems they can
      use all the help they can get. Here is the only info I have....phil

      The meeting will occur at the LaQuinta Inn and Suite Located on
      Hesperian Blvd. in Hayward (Near the Hayward Airport):

      Date: January 4, 2005

      Time: 7:30pm

      Address: 20777 Hesperian Way
      Hayward, Ca

      Please send at least one representative of your Chorus to this
      meeting! I understand that everyone is extremely busy, but we need
      your assistance in this worthy cause!

      Hope to see you there!

      Kevin P. Smith 510-581-3738

      President - Fremont-Hayward Chapter of SPEBSQSA
      The New Dimension Chorus