Rainbow Women's Chorus concert December 11 & 12

  • Laurie
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2004
      Rainbow Women's Chorus present their holiday concert, "Songs of Winter Celebrations," at 8 p.m. December 11th at Le Petit Trianon Theatre in San Jose and at 3 p.m. December 12th at the First Unitarian Church of San Jose.

      For tickets, see www.rainbowwomen.org or call (408) 246-8272.

      The music embraces many traditions mixed with a healthy dose of good humor and joy as we celebrate the winter solstice holidays. This is the time of year when the days grow short and the light dims and has long been a time of festivities. To early agricultural people it was an awesome time, as rituals, songs and dances encouraged the birth of a new year from the old. These ancient festivals underlie many of our modern celebrations, reflected in themes of the turning earth, returning light, and the rebirth of love.