SoVoSo News: 3rd Annual Yoshi's Seasonings Concert

  • SoVoSo News
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2004

      Dear SoVoSó fans and extended family,
      Lets start at the very beginning. Gratitude. We would not be here right now, sending this e-mail to you, if you did not continuously buy our music, come see our concerts and help us spread our music around the globe by share good words about our musicianship. We would not be able to bring you another special night at Yoshi's in December, if it weren't for the thousands of you that inspire us and remind us why we work so hard in one of the dirtiest industries to make a living. But gratefully, we are strong and united as a band, and pressing forward with new and exciting music! So, from our hearts, we thank you. And we hope your commitment to uplifting our music will bring you blessings ten-fold. We promise to work hard to bring you shows and albums that inspire you and make your body move. We give and receive life affirming energy from you. And on that note, we want to share with you 2 announcements:

      SoVoSó Members (from left):
      David, Joey, Sunshine, Ashling and Bryan

      SoVoSó has a new CD -- "Crack the Nut!"
      SoVoSó's official independent release is a collection of songs arranged originally for the 2003 collaboration "The New Nut" with Tandy Beal. The musical arrangements were born and performed for this show and again just last Thanksgiving weekend and thus, after much demand, we chose 9 songs to create this wonderful CD that we are proud of. Recorded and Engineered entirely by Joey Blake at Blake Thru Sound, we offer up this new music to you and hope that you enjoy it and that it takes you on a musical ride that soars as if you were on a roller coaster with Tchaikovsky!

      The CD opens with a smooth, African-chant infused Dance of the Reed Pipes and moves to a haunting rock version of the Arabian Dance, House-Funk Russian Dance, a spicy latin jazz Waltz of the Flowers, a driving alternative Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy, and amazing a cappella versions of the Mother Ginger, Spanish Dance, Opening Overture and Finale Waltz in true and innovative SoVoSó style. The CD is now available to buy on our website at www.sovoso.com and we encourage you to share it with friends and family. Keep your ears and eyes out for reviews of this new album!

      Featuring guest alumni singers Rhiannon, Destani Wolf and Caitlin Cornwell Plus Zoe Ellis, Young Performer's International and more!

      SoVoSó 3rd Annual Yoshi's Seasonings Concert
      When Monday, December 6, 2004

      8pm and 10 pm
      Where Yoshi's World Class Jazz House and Japanese Restaurant, Oakland
      How Much $14/$10 for tickets call 510.238.9200 or go to www.yoshis.com

      Doors open at 6pm for best seating and the 8pm usually does sell out day of show, so get your tix now! We thank you for making this special night part of your Holiday Season and look forward to seeing you in the house for some rare musical moments that historically, only happen on this December night at our favorite home venue! May you find the true spirit of the Holiday Season in your own time...

      Peace and Blessings,
      Ashling, Bryan, Dave, Joey and Sunshine
      SoVoSó

      To be deleted from this database, please reply to this e-mail with "REMOVE <youremail@...>" on the subject field.
      SoVoSó apologizes for any inconvenience.

      © Copyright, 2004, SoVoSó