+4dB church fund-raiser gig on June 12

  • George Cingolani
    Message 1 of 2 , May 17, 1998
      From: George Cingolani <gcingo@...>
      Newsgroups: rec.music.a-cappella
      Subject: +4dB gig on June 12
      Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 15:21:32 -0700

      Unofficial announcement pls

      +4dB will be performing a fund raising concert at our church on June 12.
      AFAIK (as far as i know) :-) tickets are about 20 bucks per for barbeque
      and music galore :-)...i know that's might be much...but it is a fund
      raiser for a good cause pls..and IMHO i think +4dB is worth it..but i am a
      little biased..anyway here's the place and time. Please at least call
      ahead to let us know you might be coming or to reserve tickets..I don't
      know all the gory details but the church folk will..and if we need to get
      a hall then we have time to do so...our church yard and hall are rather
      small...thank you

      Where: St Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church
      Elva Avenue
      Saratoga, Ca..

      Phone: 408.867.0628

      Cost: 20.00 per person

      Food: barbeque (what i don't know..burgers, dogs, soda, maybe beer?)

      Time: Dinner starts at 6pm...show at 730 or 800pm..

      Directions: from SF take 280 south to 85 south to Deanza Blvd..turn left
      and drive approx 3 miles to Reed Avenue...turn right on Reed..Reed turns
      into Elva at the stop sign..look to your left..and you will see a little
      white church...parking is horrible because we have little room..but there
      is a school on the right when you turn onto Reed and you could park there
      and walk about 1/4 mile or less to the church..

      If you need further help pls e-mail me. Hey!! Check out my web site
      below..I'm just starting to joist an "Unofficial" +4dB web site..if i
      could only learn to type :-))))))))))

      best and god bless

      gc

      the " kitchen linux 'guru'"
      http://www.accesscom.com/~gcingo/gcingo/index.html

    • george cingolani
      Message 2 of 2 , May 18, 1998
        re +4db fund raiser on June 12...

        the question was asked 'what is this a fund raiser for' and i believe
        the fund rasier is for this particular church or the orthodox
        charity(s)..i'm not real specific here but i do know that +4db is
        doing this for a pittance if not for anything at all..i believe any
        further questions would happily be answered by fr.basil rhodes..or if
        not him, then by the people in charge of this event...and if i find
        out anything enlightening i shall certainly forward it to whomever
        would be interested..

        interestingly enough, orthodox liturgies (some people call them
        services or masses) are all sung a-cappella since it is the church's
        belief that the human voice is the most beautiful instrument of all
        because it is God's instrument ( although in my case i would find that
        highly debateable)...but for those of you who are familiar with
        orthodox church music, whether it be russian, greek, or whatever, you
        know of the beautiful lyrics and music of church liturgical year..paul
        c. (my son) of +4db started his singing career singing these
        hymns..sometimes solo, sometimes in choir, or in couples and
        trios...anyway, enough said...hope this is helpful to all :-))

        george c

        http://www.accesscom.com/~gcingo/gcingo/index.html
        http://www.accesscom.com/~gcingo/gcingo/4db.html