Summit panel seeks questions

  • A Cappella News
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2004
      Announcing a panel discussion, demonstration, how- to, and audience
      member participation in concepts and techniques in vocal
      improvisation. Members of Sovoso, the Bobs, Slammin, Minimum Wage, Kid
      Beyond, and others will be participating. We'll be filming this for an
      upcoming instructional video and would like to invite prospective
      attendees (and even those who can't make it to San Rafael ... though
      why not?!) to pre-submit questions that we will answer both in the
      workshop and over the newsgroup.

      Scheduled topics are:

      Beat boxing and grooves
      Riffs - "Instant background parts"
      Beginning improvisation
      Circle singing
      Stacking the parts .....
      Scatting over changes
      Syllables and sounds
      Repititiion and variation

      Banter and "between-song" improv - how to make your show unpredictable
      and fresh (for you and the audience)

      Of course, since this is a workshop on improvisation, anything could
      (and probably will) happen.

      Send any questions to summit at singers.com

      Thanks.