Re: Voice Doctors?

  • DJ Hamouris
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 8, 1999
      I went to a wonderful man who used to work with the SF Opera singers
      and then moved to San Leandro. His name is Dr. Marvin, 13851 E. 14th
      St., Suite 303, San Leandro, 510/483-3565. He also has student rates,
      which was terrific for me. I was diagnosed with hardened mucus nodes,
      which he helped melt off. I then went on a very *different* treatment
      for allergies, so as not to experience that pain again!

      Good luck to your friend.

      DJ Hamouris
      a new list member

    • Primarily A Cappella
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 8, 1999
        We have a link on our web site to the University of Pittsburgh Medical
        Center Voice Center at http://128.147.17.66/upmcvoice

        A long way away but maybe they can refer you to somebody local.

        John Neal

        > Does anyone know of an ENT (eye, nose throat) doctor specializing in
        > vocal injury and/or vocal cord nodes? A friend of mine is having
        > serious singing problems and she'd like to rule out any physical
        > vocal-cord related problems.
        >
        > Ideally, this would be a Kaiser physician (santa-clara/san jose
        > area) since that's her health plan.

        ======================
        For a free copy of the catalog send your street address to:-
        THE PRIMARILY A CAPPELLA CATALOG
        harmony@...

        PO Box D, San Anselmo CA 94979
        Voice 415-455-8602 Fax 415-459-1622

        Check out our web site at http://www.singers.com
      • Mike Simpson
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 9, 1999
          Hmmm. If this is the Hamouris I suspect it is, I'd take her advice...

          -ms