I am looking to start a small vocal group in the Bay Area

  • Nate
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2004
      Hi everyone,
      My name is Nate George, I'm 22 and I recently graduated from
      University of Redlands. At Redlands, through the School of Music
      and the Johnston Center, I created my own degree calling it "Vocal
      Jazz Studies with an emphasis in maintaining a small vocal
      ensemble." Since my junior year in high school I have had a huge
      passion for jazz and contemporary a cappella that keeps on growing.
      I am looking to start a mixed sextet (3 men and 3 women) here in
      the bay area. I'm a baritone, and I am not looking to direct,
      rather just sing and handle the business end. I hope to find 5
      other people with just as much dedication and love for vocal
      harmonies. As we all know, its hard to make money in this business,
      and I need people who are willing to stick with it and just enjoy
      making music as we gradually make a name for ourselves.
      As part of my studies at Redlands I came up with a foolproof
      plan of how to successfully maintain a vocal group, including the
      audition process, the rehearsals, bonding as a group, promoting the
      group and much more. I am ready to put all these plans into action
      in the professional realm and I am looking forward to singing in a
      group again.
      The first thing I need is to find someone who has experience
      with directing/leading a vocal group (as well as singing in one of
      course). Once we share our ideas with each other and once we feel
      we're ready we will look for the other members of our group. If
      anyone is interested please give me a call on my cell phone- 831-588-
      9482 (I'm from watsonville and haven't changed the number yet) or e-
      mail me at nategeorge2004@....

      Nate