Cantabile Youth Singers Open Enrollment

  • Sonja Wohlgemuth
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2004
      Cantabile Youth Singers is holding auditions and open enrollment for their
      2004-2005 Season. We welcome Elena Sharkova, professor of Choral Activities
      at San Jose State University, as our new artistic director and invite
      singers, first grade through early high school, to join one of our four
      levels of classes.

      · Auditions September 8, 9 and 11
      by appointment
      · Open House September 11
      10:00-12:00
      · Classes Begin September 15 & 16

      For more information, to schedule an audition or to sign up for
      our Open House, please call 650-424-1410 or visit www.cantabile.org.
      Rehearsals at Foothill Congregational Church, Los Altos.

      Cantabile’s Artistic Staff

      · Elena Sharkova, Artistic Director / Concert Choir, Wednesdays 4:30-6:15
      and Chamber Ensemble, Wednesdays 6:30-8:30. Assistant professor and director
      of choral activities for San Jose State University conducting three choral
      ensembles and teaching choral conducting, voice, and choral methods.
      · Shane Allen Troll, Intermediate, Thursdays 6:00-7:30. Choral music teacher
      for Pinewood Elementary School, Los Altos.
      · Kara Ireland D’Ambrosio, Preparatory, Thursdays 4:30-5:45. Choral music
      teacher for Woodside Elementary School, Woodside.
      · Keri Elser, Program Manager and resident voice instructor. Formerly of
      Chicago Children’s Choirs and presently Masters candidate in performance at
      San Jose State University.

      About Cantabile

      Now in its 11th year, Cantabile Youth Singers (formerly Cantabile Children’s
      Chorus) brings the joys of choral music performance and education to singers
      first grade through high school.
      Founded in 1994 by Artistic Director, Signe Boyer, now under the artistic
      leadership of Elena Sharkova, Cantabile is a member of the Foothills College
      Performing Arts Alliance and the Cantabile Choral Guild (formerly the
      Baroque Choral Guild), which sponsors youth education programs as part of
      its mission of “Music for Life” and brings the finest in choral music to the
      San Francisco Bay area. Cantabile takes pride in providing a quality choral
      music experience and offers curriculum designed with an emphasis on music
      theory, vocal training, combined choral and instrumental performance and a
      wide variety of traditional, modern, and commissioned music.
      In addition to presenting annual Winter and Spring concerts, Cantabile
      Singers perform throughout the community, are guest ensembles with Bay Area
      choral and orchestra organizations and tour nationally and internationally.

      Sonja Wohlgemuth, Executive Director
      Cantabile Choral Guild (formerly Baroque Choral Guild)
      953 Industrial Ave, Suite 118
      Palo Alto, CA 94303
      650-424-1410 Phone
      650-424-1430 Fax