My Friend Tony Elman's fun singing workshop...polyrhythm choir!

  • Kate Munger
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2004
      Come sing, move and lift your spirit!!

      I am delighted to announce the July schedule for the Polyrhythm Choir singing workshops-four exhiliarating evenings starting this Monday...and you're invited! The room where we'll sing was personally designed by Julia Morgan and the acoustics are phenomenal.

      "POLYRHYTHM CHOIR" WORKSHOP** led by TONY ELMAN
      Mondays July 5, 12, 19, 26.

      My goal is to create a performing "polyrhythm choir" this autumn, which will combine my love of singing, rhythm and movement. The choir will be a rhythm journey --stepping, clapping and singing together in multiple layers, "immersed in waves of rhythm"-- and a tribal singing circle (our voices effortlessly soaring in powerful 3-6 part harmonies, singing African, Cuban, Sacred etc. songs and rounds.)

      TONY ELMAN has influenced a generation of musicians and music lovers. His "Shakin' Down the Acorns" is the most popular hammered dulcimer recording ever made. Tony is a prolific composer of songs, rounds, choral works & fiddle tunes, and an award-winning music producer with over a dozen releases on his Acorn Music label. Tony is the founder/director of the upcoming S.F. Bay Area Polyrhythm Choir, and is the creator of the "Mokale'a" Workshop.

      COMMENTS about Tony's RhythmSong Workshops: "exhiliarating" "fiercely challenging, liberating and joyful" "the most valuable musical training I've had" "a profound experience."

      #51 BUS to College and Chabot. Walk one minute north on College Ave.

      BART to Rockridge BART station, walk 3 minutes north on College Ave.

      From MARIN COUNTY/NORTH: Take I-580 E towards CA 24/Downtown Oakland/ Hayward. After 1.6 miles, take 24E towards Walnut Creek. After 1.5 miles, exit at Claremont Ave. Turn left onto Claremont Ave. After 3/10 mile, take slight right onto Chabot. Park on street or in Dreyer's parking lot to the left. Church is directly behind the parking lot on College Ave.