Seeking members for new pro all-male acappella group

  • Fribbio@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1 10:51 PM
      I'm launching a search for members for a professional contemporary a
      cappella group I am forming in the San Francisco Bay Area. I am
      seeking talented, motivated, *fun* singers of all voice types who have
      a strong desire to pursue a career in a cappella music.

      I am envisioning a five to six member men's group. The style will be
      "contemporary" rock/pop/funk (ala The Blenders, The House Jacks,
      M-Pact, Rockapella, etc....but different, of course). It will, of
      course, start out as a semi-pro group until the amount performance
      opportunities make it possible for us to go full-time.

      I am a baritone/tenor II with *some* vocal percussion skills which I
      intend to improve through lessons (though I do not plan on being *the*
      vocal percussionist). I graduated from the University of Redlands
      (Southern Cal.) in 1994 with a Bachelor's of Music in Vocal
      Performance. During my time at the university I became frustrated that
      there was no a cappella group on campus, so I started one and
      functioned as business manager during its first two years. "Those
      Guys!" has since continued to thrive and grow and was recently invited
      to be one of the guest groups singing before the show at the World A
      Cappellafest in L.A. I recently moved to the Bay Area with the
      specific goal in mind of starting a professional group. I ended up
      landing my dream job working for a music agency which specializes in a
      cappella music. There I am learning many things about the practical
      aspects of the music business which I know will help my group to be a
      success

      I could type a lot of specifics about the exact qualities I am looking
      for in a singer, but I'd really rather just have people contact me. I
      will then narrow things down as I talk to interested people.

      So, if any of this sounds interesting to you, please contact me
      ASAP. My contact info is at the end of this post. I would love to meet
      and talk with you about the group. While I would like to get things
      going as soon as possible, I am giving myself some time to find
      quality folks. So if you are reading this ad a while after its
      posting, feel free to respond.

      Also, if any of you out there in the a cappella community know of
      anyone you would recommend, please put them in contact with me.

      Many thanks and I look forward to speaking with you.

      Damon Tribble

      Home: (650) 878-2900
      Work: (415) 731-9977
      e-mail: fribbio@...