Come sing with East Bay Harmony

  • David Barbour
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2004
      Tenors and Basses especially encouraged ...

      East Bay Harmony http://www.eastbayharmony.org, a program of CASA (The
      Contemporary A Cappella Society
      of America, http://www.casa.org ), is an a cappella community chorus
      that rehearses weekly in Oakland and is open to all adults. We exist to
      promote the fun of singing together and building community through
      singing, and we also perform periodically around the Bay Area.

      We have no auditions, and the ability to read music is not a requirement
      (we supply CDs of parts to help people learn the music).

      Our repertoire is all a cappella, and generally consists of a
      combination of doo-wop, modern pop songs, world music, jazz
      tunes, rounds, and whatever people suggest (choosing repertoire is a
      pretty democratic process).

      Rehearsals are held Monday nights from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm at St. Paul's
      Episcopal Church at 114 Montecito Ave. in Oakland (where Harrison meets
      Grand Ave., right next to Lake Merritt). We're not affiliated with the
      church; we just rent space there.

      For more information, check out the Urban Harmony website at
      http://www.eastbayharmony.org or contact:

      Director Mark Bernfield at (510) 547-4597 (mbern@...)
      or
      Marlene McCall (510) 649-1295 at (510) 649-1295 (cos-berk@...)