Soli Deo Gloria "Northern Lights"

  • RUTH LINCOLN
    Message 1 of 4 , May 6, 2004
      Soli Deo Gloria presents season finale!

      Soli Deo Gloria and Camerata Gloria under the direction of Allen Simon will
      present Northern Lights, a rare a cappella concert of music by award-winning
      Canadian composers including Healy Willan, Imant Raminsh, Eleanor Daley, and
      Ruth Watson Henderson.

      Friday, May 21, 7:30: St. Gregory of Nyssa, San Francisco
      500 De Haro St. (between 17th and Mariposa)

      Saturday, May 22, 7:30: St. Mark's Episcopal, Palo Alto
      600 Colorado

      Sunday, May 23, 3:30: Zion Lutheran Church, Piedmont
      5201 Park Blvd.

      Tickets are $20/$15. Grades K-12 are free. 415-982-7341 or order on-line at
      http://www.sdgloria.org
      Discount for advance purchase. Group rates available.

      ******
      More info:

      Is there life north of the border? Soli Deo Gloria, under the direction of
      Allen Simon, explores the music of Canadian composers in its final concert
      of the season, Northern Lights. From the delicate miniatures of Healey
      Willan's Liturgical Motets to the rich lushness of Imant Raminsh's Ubi
      caritas to the heavy intensity of Eleanor Daley's outstanding Requiem, this
      concert reveals the spiritual depths of our neighbor to the north. This
      concert features SDG's chamber ensemble, Camerata Gloria, and also includes
      works by Ruth Watson Henderson, Mark Sirett, Rupert Lang, Allan Bevan, and
      Stephen Hatfield.

      The complete program and directions to the concerts can be seen at
      http://sdgloria.org/concerts.html#may
    • Sinasohn Paul
      Message 2 of 4 , May 8, 2004
        Greetings everyone!

        The Marin Art Festival is taking place on June 19-20 at the
        Marin Civic Center (Lagoon Park) in San Rafael. The Festival is
        looking for acappella groups who would be interested in coming
        to the Festival as strolling performers on Saturday June 19.
        However, there will be a tent set aside where you can both
        perform and sell CDs. Of course, you can always advertise other
        concerts or sign up folks for your mailing list.

        This is not a concert venue, but a chance to go live in front of
        people strolling around who will come and go as you sing. Sort
        of like troubadors, you will move around the Festival. Think of
        it as a chance to 'dress rehearse' with a live crowd. It will be
        a sunny, warm day, with lots of people to sing for. There will
        be a place for you to leave purses/jackets, etc., and admission
        will be complementary. Any size group and all styles are welcome!

        Interested groups please e-mail Paul Sinasohn at sinasohn@...
        (or, if you are coming to the Harmony Sweeps National Finals tonight, look for
        me at the CD table on the far side of the auditorium, not the main entrance side.)

        Message 3 of 4 , May 8, 2004
          --- Sinasohn Paul <vibass@...> wrote:

          > Greetings everyone!
          >
          > The Marin Art Festival is taking place on June 19-20 at the
          > Marin Civic Center (Lagoon Park) in San Rafael. The Festival is
          > looking for acappella groups who would be interested in coming
          > to the Festival as strolling performers on Saturday June 19.
          > However, there will be a tent set aside where you can both
          > perform and sell CDs. Of course, you can always advertise other
          > concerts or sign up folks for your mailing list.
          >
          > This is not a concert venue, but a chance to go live in front of
          > people strolling around who will come and go as you sing. Sort
          > of like troubadors, you will move around the Festival. Think of
          > it as a chance to 'dress rehearse' with a live crowd. It will be
          > a sunny, warm day, with lots of people to sing for. There will
          > be a place for you to leave purses/jackets, etc., and admission
          > will be complementary. Any size group and all styles are welcome!
          >
          > Interested groups please e-mail Paul Sinasohn at sinasohn@...
          > (or, if you are coming to the Harmony Sweeps National Finals tonight, look
          > for
          > me at the CD table on the far side of the auditorium, not the main entrance
          > side.)

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Sinasohn Paul
          Message 4 of 4 , May 9, 2004
            On Monday night, May 10, Inpulse, second runner-up (tie) at the National Finals
            will be presenting a show at Walnut Creek Presbyterian Church at about 7pm.

            The address is: 180l Lacassie Avenue - Walnut Creek, CA 94596 - (925) 935-1574
            It's fairly close to Walnut Creek BART.
            Directions at this URL: http://www.wcpres.org/location.asp

            Inpulse is based in Minneapolis-St.Paul, and features Bay Area vocal
            percussionist Paul Donnelly (formerly of Press Any Key, Boyz Nite Out, and
            Blind Man's Bluff)

            This should be a great concert! They rocked at the Sweeps tonight.

            Paul Sinasohn