Chorovaya Academia Sat. 2/20 in Palo Alto

  • Vlad Kudelin
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 1999
      When: Saturday, Feb-20th, at 8pm.
      Where: First United Methodist Church
      625 Hamilton Ave., Palo Alto

      "... Drawing upon Russia's superb, thousand-year tradition of choral
      music, the Chorovaya Academia (Choral Academy) was founded in 1989 to
      champion the exceptionally diverse repertoire of the Russian Orthodox
      Church alongside secular works of the last three centuries. Each of
      its singers has received the highest level of training, and together
      they form a choir renowned for its remarkable range, brilliant
      technique and impassioned interpretations. In addition to the
      astonishingly beautiful works of the Russian church, its programs
      include pieces by some of Russia's greatest composers, including
      Tchaikovsky and Rachmaninoff.

      The Chorovaya Akademia has toured the world in recent years to
      universal acclaim, making three previous visits to the United States
      in 1993, 1995, 1997. Among its recordings has been the best-selling
      "Ancient Echoes" album on RCA Victor Red Seal"...

      ////////////////////////////////////////////////

      That was a quote from the ad. Actually, I've seen these guys myself,
      and I think they are really great, that's why I dare sending this
      msg. to everybody. They've been singing for maybe 20 years already,
      since they're little kids; what would you expect?.. It's a don't-miss
      concert for everyone who loves a cappella. There will be some FREE
      tickets distributed at the doors. Stop by afterwards and kick my butt
      if you don't like it.:)

      Have a night that you won't forget,

      Vlad.

    • Vlad Kudelin
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 19, 1999
        Hi,

        I have receive quite a few questions following up my
        prev. mail. Here's a summary/clarification/additional info:

        1) There'll be one more concert of the Choral Academy. It is TONIGHT,
        at 4:00, in St. Matthews, at Parker/Fulton (? sorry if I've misspelled
        smth.), in San Francisco. The additional info should be available at:
        (650) 725-ARTS (Stanford ticket office).

        2) For the tomorrow's concert, there are some FREE tickets available
        RIGHT NOW at:
        Russian Media Club
        225 San Antonio Rd.,
        Mountain View
        (650) 941 4287
        (It's close to the SafeWay at San Antonia/California).

        These tickets are going fast, but tomorrow there's be some available
        at the doors (paid by the sponsors already).

        Hope this helps,

        Vlad.