AUDITIONS - tenor wanted by FWI!

  • CB
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2004
      Flying Without Instruments is looking for a tenor!

      We will be auditioning in mid-May 2004.

      What we're looking for:

      * Good energy and desire to have fun singing!
      * Good blend for ensemble singing
      * Desire to sing many kinds & styles of music (Important!!!)
      * Ability to read music (to learn outside rehearsal)
      * Arranging, Vocal Percussion, marketing skills a plus

      Please check out our website www.flyingwithoutinstruments.com for sound clips from our latest CD, FWI At Last!

      The audition will probably entail 3 things:
      * A page or two of a song that we'll send you in advance, then sing with you at the audition
      * A page or two of something that we'll teach you at the audition, then sing with you
      * A short solo by you - can be anything you like.

      For more info and to express interest in auditioning, please contact FWI at info@... or call Caia at 415-824-4011.

      A bit more about FWI:

      FWI sings modern music, FWI sings old music. Our motto when we formed back in 1996 was "From Byrd to the B-52's!" We arrange a fair amount of our own music, we have a few original songs, and we also sing from published music if it's something we want to sing. Our current repertoire includes pop, folk, sacred (Latin), humor, jazz, madrigals, swing, and cowboy. The variety of our music is one of the things that energizes us. Some of our music is ensemble format, some has soloists.

      We are 7 singers (SSAATBB) looking for an 8th (another T). We rehearse weekly in SF, sometimes more if a concert is coming up. We put on concerts of our own (1-2 a year), we open for other groups, other groups open for us, we do gigs-on-demand for other people. We record CD's. We have been known to carol in libraries.

      We like to have fun rehearsing and performing!