April 18th fundraiser featuring GROOVEHOUND and EVERYDAY PEOPLE

  • deniseishepherd
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24 11:38 AM
      The following event is only half a cappella, but I'm the lead singer
      of Groovehound and I used to sing in Dilemma (all female a cappella),
      and a long time ago, in Everyday People, so I figured I'd publicize
      it to the ba-acappella group. :)

      thanks,
      Denise Shepherd

      ********************************

      Please come out to support the Northern California Youth Leadership
      Seminar as we present:

      FUNDRAISER FEATURING GROOVEHOUND AND EVERYDAY PEOPLE

      SUNDAY, APRIL 18, 2004 AT 6PM
      LA PENA CULTURAL CENTER
      3105 SHATTUCK AVENUE
      BERKELEY, CA
      TICKETS available at the door for $12.00
      Doors open 5:40 pm

      GROOVEHOUND brings a blast of funk energy and jazz sensibility to its
      arrangements of jazz, blues, soul standards and rarities. Bringing
      together diverse musical talents and many years of combined
      performance experience, GROOVEHOUND generates energy, verve and
      groove from tunes old and new.

      Also featuring EVERYDAY PEOPLE- performing Motown, R&B and soul, EP
      is one of the nation's most celebrated collegiate a cappella groups.

      The Northern California Youth Leadership Seminar is a non-profit,
      three-day seminar focused on cultivating critical thinking,
      communication, responsibility and leadership skills in high school
      sophomores who demonstrate leadership potential. The seminar is at
      absolutely no cost to the student, school or parents and is run by
      dedicated volunteers, many of whom have gone through the program
      themselves. Your tax-deductible contributions are welcome.

      www.californialeaders.org