Auditions: High Seas, SF jazz vocal ensemble

  • jpettus@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2004
      3/8/04
      Auditions
      The High Seas
      (Jazz Vocal Group)

      The High Seas is an all woman vocal jazz octet sponsored by the St. Francis
      Yacht Club in San Francisco. We're a tight-knit, fun-loving group which
      performs challenging, original SSAA arrangements of standard and "not so standard"
      jazz and pop tunes. We perform both a cappella and accompanied (piano or trio),
      at numerous Bay Area and St. Francis Yacht Club events. We rehearse Monday
      evenings, 6:30-8PM, at the Yacht Club.

      Positions currently available are soprano 2, alto 1 and alto 2. Candidates
      should have a love of vocal jazz, sight reading ability, excellent pitch, good
      showmanship and the ability to sing without vibrato. Candidates must be able
      to commit to weekly Monday night rehearsals as well as performances and
      occasional extra rehearsals. We're looking for a good blend with the group, vocal
      and otherwise.

      Auditions are held by appointment at the St. Francis Yacht Club and will
      continue until all positions are filled. In addition to singing two numbers with
      the group, auditioners are asked to prepare a solo (jazz or show tune) of their
      choice. Music and tapes for the group numbers are available beforehand.

      For more information, including photos and sound clips, visit The High Seas
      website at www.hiseas.org or contact Jackie Edenholm Pettus: JPettus@...;
      (415) 221-3518 (9AM-5PM).

    • Sarah Berndt
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 8, 2004
        I was just wondering if anyone knew of acappella info like this, but in Southern California. This is an incredible site and source of information and I was wondering if it is available in the south. If anyone has any info please let me know!
        Thanks much,
        Sarah
        sarahbtoast@...