Singing our Gratitude, Nov. 15 at 7 pm

  • Kate Munger
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2003
      Song by song we are strengthened.
      Song by song we will have peace.
      Song by song we know our tribe.
      Song by song we ease our pain."

      Join with your scattered tribe for a concentrated dose of singing medicine
      with Kate Munger on Saturday, Nov. 15 for an evening of many new,
      celebratory, deep songs of spirit to add to your collective repertoire:
      songs that will strengthen and console you, songs that will contribute
      to peace, harmony and equality. Women of all levels of experience are
      invited to gather at the Point Reyes Presbyterian Church on Highway 1
      at 7 pm. You'll go home with a Great Vegetarian Thanksgiving song
      from the point of view of the Turkeys in 3 parts that you'll be able to
      teach to your holiday guests. We'll sing about abundance and what it
      means to have "enough." We will sing our prayers for peace and send
      prayers where they are needed.

      Kate believes that human beings are designed to be singers: intention and
      breath and a good song are the elements. When we know the same songs
      and sing them together, we become a tribe. Kate also agrees with Rumi who says,
      "Let what you love be what you do." Kate lives with her family, sings, works
      and swims along the shores of Tomales Bay. In March of 2000, she started
      the first Threshold Choir in the Bay Area. Today there are 350 women in
      8 choirs, singing at the bedsides of people who are dying, in coma and newborns.
      Her newest project, the San Francisco Midnight Choir, will sing lullabies and songs
      of spirit in the doorways where the homeless sleep on the streets of San Francisco.
      This choir will be for men and women and will begin rehearsals in March 2004.