SVGMC appoints new Artistic Director

  • Eric Chong
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2003
      SVGMC Press Release

      Press/Analyst Contact:
      Dan England, publicist@...
      Silicon Valley Gay Men's Chorus
      P.O. Box 1207, San Jose, CA, 95108
      408-850-1605

      For Immediate Release:

      SILICON VALLEY GAY MEN'S CHORUS APPOINTS NEW ARTISTIC
      DIRECTOR

      SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 11, 2003 — (http://svgmc.org/pressrel.htm) The Board=

      of Directors of the Silicon Valley Gay Men's Chorus (SVGMC) proudly
      announces the hiring of Daniel Hughes as the new Artistic Director for the =

      Chorus.

      Razmik Davoudian, Board President, states "Over a one year period, we
      conducted an extensive and thorough nationwide search for an appropriate
      artistic leader. The Board of Directors is thrilled to have found someone o=
      Daniel's caliber. Not only does he have extensive choral conducting and
      teaching skills, but also brings with him years of non-profit organizationa=
      experience."

      Hughes assumes the artistic helm of SVGMC in parallel with his ongoing
      tenure as Artistic Director of The Choral Project, which he started four ye=
      ars
      ago.

      "I am looking forward to singing under Daniel's talented direction," said L=
      en
      Chandler, who has been a member of the chorus for all of its 20 years. "The=

      Chorus is incredibly lucky to have recruited a leader of his quality and mu=
      sical
      knowledge. Plus, he's a lot of fun!"

      Hughes' initial task has been to program and hold auditions for the chorus'=

      2003-2004 concert season. SVGMC's first concert under his direction will be=

      "Winter Wonderland," a holiday concert scheduled for December 19-20, 2003
      at the Mountain View Center for the Performing Arts. "Cabaret," a Broadway =

      showtunes concert is scheduled for March, followed by "One World, One
      Voice" to be scheduled for a Gay Pride month performance.

      About SVGMC
      The Silicon Valley Gay Men's Chorus is based in San Jose, California, and i=
      a member of the Gay and Lesbian Association of Choruses, Inc. (GALA).
      SVGMC is a diverse group dedicated to achieving excellence in music and
      maintaining a high sense of personal and collective pride. Our mission is t=
      promote fellowship within the Silicon Valley gay and lesbian communities an=
      beyond, and through our music, gain the respect and esteem of all people.

      ###