Solstice members branch out

  • sheryl kaskowitz
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2003
      Hi everyone. Solstice is keeping busy finishing up our latest recording, but
      in the meantime a few Solstice members have upcoming performances that we
      thought you might want to know about:

      ***************
      If you already have tickets to the sold-out Indigo Girls concert at the
      Fillmore this Thursday night, make sure to go early and catch Solstice
      member Krista Enos' awesome rock duo, Rising Tide. They begin playing
      upstairs in the Fillmore Lounge at 7 pm, and you don't want to miss it!

      Rising Tide
      The Fillmore
      November 13, 2003
      7pm (in the lounge in support of the Indigo Girls)

      1805 Geary @ Fillmore
      San Francisco, CA
      415.346.6000
      www.thefillmore.com

      For more information about Rising Tide, go to
      http://www.earthwaterrecords.com

      ***************
      Solstice member Mari Marjamaa will lend her angelic voice to the 12th
      century music-drama "The Play of Daniel," a collaboration between the
      Pacific Mozart Ensemble and the Aurora Theater in Berkeley.

      The Play of Daniel
      December 1 - 6
      Aurora Theatre
      2081 Addison Street, Berkeley

      For tickets and more info, visit
      http://www.auroratheatre.org/show_daniel.shtml

      **************
      VOCI Women's Choral Ensemble will present their annual Voices in Peace
      concerts, featuring five settings of the Magnificat text by Dienes,
      Haydn, Larsen, Palestrina, and Vaughan Williams. The concerts will also
      include Solstice member Sheryl Kaskowitz's arrangement of the traditional
      Jewish song for peace, "Ufros Aleinu." A percentage of the proceeds from
      these performances will benefit the Global Fund for Women.

      Saturday, December 6, 2003, 3 PM
      First Unitarian Church of Oakland, 685-14th Street (at Castro), Oakland

      Saturday, December 13, 2003, 3 PM
      St. Mark's Episcopal Church, 2300 Bancroft Way (at Dana), Berkeley

      For more information, go to http://www.angelfire.com/la/VOCI/ or call (510)
      531-8714

      Thanks everyone! We'll be in touch soon about our new CD (and as always,
      please send an email request if you'd like to be taken off our list).

      -Becca, Kim, Krista, Mari, Sara, and Sheryl
      Solstice, a female vocal ensemble
      http://www.earthwaterrecords.com/solstice