Improvisation for operatic women's voices

  • annakihrani@care2.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2003
      I want to get together with some other operatically-voiced women (any
      voice part) to do some improvising. The tradition is that
      classically-trained, operatic singers are very competitive and
      unsupportive of each other. My intention as a classically-trained
      soprano is to be the opposite of that: to sing in support of and love
      for my fellow singers. Improvising is one of my favorite ways to do
      this.

      I am looking for two or three women with these qualities: an operatic
      voice, a keen sense of harmony and pitch, a love of powerful vocal
      music from all over the world, the intention to be a singer and
      performer with integrity and love, an enjoyment of dissonance, a
      sense of the connection between spirituality and music/performance,
      willingness to sing in support of another woman's solo. I'd like to
      meet in the East Bay once (maybe more) a week for a couple of hours
      and do some improv exercises and sing together for the pure fun of
      glorying in our sound together. We could talk about performing if we
      want to.

      Please email me if you're interested, and tell me about yourself as a
      singer.

      Thanks and blessings,
      Anna

      Help the planet each day! It's free and easy:
      http://www.Care2.com/dailyaction/