Vocal Percussion Classes -- Berkeley -- Nov 2 + 9

  • achaikin
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2003
      Howdy. This is Andrew Chaikin, aka Z-ROX.

      I'm giving two vocal percussion workshops
      at the Jazzschool in Berkeley this Sunday
      and the next. The first one is for complete
      beginners; then, if you like what you learned,
      you can come back a week later and go deeper.

      The Beginner class is open-enrollment. The
      Intermediate class will be limited to 10
      students only.

      Here's what to do:

      - If you're interested in the Beginner class:
      contact the Jazzschool at 510-845-5373
      and sign up.

      - If you're interested in the Intermediate class:
      call me (415-929-8822) and we'll do a little
      beatboxing over the phone, to see if you
      have the basics down. Don't stress, it'll be
      fun, I promise.

      Even though the venue is called the Jazzschool,
      I'll be covering all sorts of styles: rock,
      hip-hop, funk, world, etc.

      More info on the classes:

      =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-=

      Sun, Nov 2 -- 2-4pm
      LEARN VOCAL PERCUSSION!

      Drum with your mouth! You can become a
      vocal percussionist in no time -- I'll teach
      you how. Practicing vocal percussion is
      good for singers, drummers, or anybody
      who likes to make noise. No experience is
      required, but be prepared to use your
      voice in totally new ways. $30 for
      Jazzschool students, $45 otherwise.

      This class is open-enrollment; call the
      Jazzschool (510-845-5373) to sign up.

      =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-=

      Sun, Nov 9 -- 2-4pm
      INTERMEDIATE VOCAL PERCUSSION

      This class is for those who have a grasp
      of the basics of vocal percussion, and
      want to take their skills to the next level.
      Class size will be limited to 10 students.
      $50 for Jazzschool students, $65 otherwise.

      Prerequisites: my Beginning VP class, and/or
      a grasp of the basics, demonstrable via a
      low-stress phone audition.

      We'll have you doing multiple sounds at once,
      advanced breath control, bass lines and VP,
      etc.

      For more info on the registration process:
      http://www.biggerbread.com/classes.htm

      =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-=

      Both classes will be held at:

      The Jazzschool
      2087 Addison St., Berkeley CA
      (510) 845-5373
      http://www.jazzschool.com/classes/vocal.php

      =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-=

      If you don't know who the heck I am, or why
      I am qualified to teach vocal percussion, feel
      free to listen to the many samples available
      at my Web site: http://www.biggerbread.com

      Peace in every breath,

      Andrew Chaikin, aka Z-ROX
      andrew at bigger bread dot com

      http://biggerbread.com | http://z-rox.com

      For the latest me-news, join one of my
      e-newsletters: one for SF Bay Area folks,
      one for everywhere else. I promise to tread
      lightly on your inbox. For more info,
      see http://www.biggerbread.com