Church Music Director Position

  • Ken Purchase
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2003
      Forgive me if this is somewhat off-topic, but this does involve a lot of
      vocal harmony (although often accompanied by guitars and keyboards).

      Sunnyvale Presbyterian Church is seeking a Music Director for their
      Sunday-evening contemporary worship service. We are seeking a creative and
      fun musician of strong Christian faith to direct and enhance existing music
      ministry at our Intersections service, and to develop additional music
      ministries. The Intersections Music Director will work to ensure strong and
      effective music teams for worship services and special concerts, and assist
      Pastors and the Planning Team in planning worship that is spiritually and
      artistically relevant, accomplishing the goal of praising God. Duties will
      include leading and participating in the music team at services, selecting
      and arranging music, coordinating participation of music team members,
      scheduling and conducting weekly rehearsals, and working with
      sound/lighting/multimedia teams. Additionally s/he will support the future
      of the music team by recruiting and training musicians, and developing
      additional music teams. Preferred qualifications include a bachelor's
      degree with music emphasis, ability to play a musical instrument, and strong
      familiarity with contemporary Christian music repertoire. The ideal
      candidate will possess a gift for providing leadership and musical
      development of team members with patience, understanding, and the
      disposition to have fun while doing so. This is a part-time (aprox 10 hours
      per week) position. Please contact Joe Don Heath at joedon_94087@...
      for further information.

      (submitted by a cappella guy Ken Purchase, but please reply to the contact
      above)