Vocolot & Street Sounds 11/2

  • DJ Hamouris
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2003
      Hey, A cappella fans!

      This annual celebration will be honoring Yoshie Akiba, Heart of Yoshi’s
      Jazz House & Japanese Restaurant as a light of the city. Come show your

      support for her and enjoy an afternoon of spirited music.

      At First Congregational Church of Oakland
      2501 Harrison Street (at 27th)
      Sunday, November 2, 4:00pm
      Admission $10, $7 Students/Seniors, Group Rates Available
      Wheelchair accessible.

      First Congregational's 143rd Anniversary Concert celebrates Oakland's
      cultural and spiritual riches — join us for an afternoon to remember!

      Performances by

      Vocolot, joined by Street Sounds
      — Women's a cappella ensemble with universal heart, Jewish soul, and
      social conscience, in a rare combined set with another great Oakland
      group - music alive with celebration, protest, sweet blues, driving
      rhythms, and soul.

      The Great Wall Youth Orchestra
      — Your chance to hear Oakland students playing traditional Chinese
      instruments. This free music education program is the only one of its
      kind in the nation — we’re proud and happy to celebrate their hard work
      and wonderful sound!

      First Congregational Church Voices of Praise
      — Our own choir, directed by Kelly Takunda Orphan and Trente Morant, is
      a revelation and a delight! At the heart of this anniversary
      celebration, First Congregational's Cultural and Arts Ministry welcomes
      you with Song and Soul to Spare.

      Honoring “Lights in Our City”

      Yoshie Akiba, Heart of Yoshi’s Jazz House & Japanese Restaurant, and
      Reverend Elouise Oliver, Senior Minister, East Bay Church of Religious
      Science, for their inspired cultural and spiritual contributions to our
      city.

      Opening Blessing by
      Aeeshah & Kokomon Clottey

      Contact, for Tickets and Info