Wanted: Alto in Peninsula/South Bay area

  • Renee Ting
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2003
      Are you an alto looking for a co-ed a cappella group based in
      the Peninsula/South Bay?

      We're in our fifth year and would like to add another alto to
      reach our ideal of eight members. Our goal is to be a high-quality
      group, but still maintain a fun, casual atmosphere. We've had several
      gigs at private parties, performed at Filoli, sung for a San Jose
      Giants game, and we carol at local hospitals every December. We are
      lining up more performance opportunities to keep us motivated, but we
      are not primarily a performing group as we prioritize our jobs and
      families.

      Our repertoire is eclectic; some highlights are listed below. We
      rehearse Tuesday evenings in Los Altos and have a talented music
      director.

      Our members have experience singing in a cappella and choral groups.
      Ideally you read music and have experience singing with a group, but
      previous a cappella experience is not necessary (though a plus, of
      course).

      Some selections in our current repertoire:
      Chili Con Carne (by The Real Group)
      Spontaneous Human Combustion (The Bobs)
      Nightingale in Berkeley Square (Manhattan Transfer)
      Brown-Eyed Girl (Van Morrison)
      Only You (Yaz)
      The Way You Look Tonight
      Ubi Caritas

      If you're interested, please email me, Renee Ting at
      renee_ting@....
      Include a brief description of your relevant music experience.

      Thanks-- we look forward to hearing (from) you!

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com