A Cappella Venue Contacts

  • contactelmothumm@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 11, 2003
      Hello all:

      Greg Vaden from that crazy Midwest a cappella group elmoTHUMM here. We're
      looking to take our show back on the road in 2004 and are looking for solid
      venue contacts that are "hep" to that whole a cappella thang.

      Please ring in if a few of those places still exist out there. I'd like to
      get the press kits out SOON!

      Thanks vocal crazies.
      GV
      elmoTHUMM guy
    • sarahtyrrellirish
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 15, 2003
        Haven't seen any replies to this, so thought I'd post. I saw my first
        acappella concert, and several since, at the Freight and Salvage
        Coffee House in Berkeley.

        http://www.freightandsalvage.org

        ;Sarah

      • Stusmith97@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 15, 2003
          Hi,

          I book and produce events for not for profits in and around San Francisco and
          had never considered acappella until hookslide performed at a
          teaser/fundraiser at Ruby Skye in San Francisco for The Richmond Ermet Aids Foundation
          (www.helpisontheway.org) and I was "hooked" so to speak. I was fortunate to have
          spent time with Louis Botto who founded Chanticleer near the end of his life and
          have been a long time fan of various forms of acappella, but when I saw the
          hookslide group at the fundraiser at Ruby Skye I was astonished. Please
          furnish me with any press materials for any groups based or planning on touring in
          the SF area between now and next summer. In addition to serving on a bunch of
          not for profit boards and being the publisher of an online 'zine, I am on the
          board of the SF Publicity Club and might be able to help.

          Thanks,

          Stu Smith