Doug Harrington - coaching available

  • Wendy Gibson
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2003
      Calling All Quartets and Musical Acappella groups-

      Doug Harrington, the fabulous coach, who coaches Swinglish Mix, Remix, Salt (all women's barbershop groups) and everyone else possible in Sweden (what a group) will be out here coaching from September 13, 2003 (evening) to September 14, 2003 and again from October 27 to 31, 2003 - right here in the Bay Area. He is an "overall
      coach" who deals with all categories.

      I am coordinating his coaching in the Bay Area - probably for the next year
      or so, because he is planning trips in 2004

      The following is his bio and his fees. If you are interested in having your
      quartet coached, get back to me. He is wonderful and I've spent hours
      talking to him and others about him, his abilities and can't say enough good
      stuff.

      His fees:

      1) Quartets - $150 USD per 2-3 hour session. $25 USD every
      30 minutes thereafter. (For a 1 hour session - $60 USD) PLUS A SHARE
      OF THE
      COSTS TO GET HIM HERE WHICH WILL BE DIVIDED.

      2) Individual PVI - $40 USD for one hour. PLUS A SHARE OF COSTS

      3) Groups with five members up to eight members - $200 USD per 2-3
      hour session. $30 USD every 30 minutes thereafter. (For a 1 hour
      session
      $75) PLUS A SHARE OF COSTS

      4) Groups with nine or more members (choruses) - $300 USD per 2-3
      hour session. $50 USD every 30 minutes thereafter. (For a 1 hour
      session
      $125) PLUS A SHARE OF COSTS

      CHECK OUT HIS WEBSITE: www.DougHarrington.com

      His timeslots are booking fast. He is available on Sat & Sun the 13th and
      14th of September.. We can work out some travel stuff on where he needs to
      go.

      Look forward to hearing from you.

      Wendy Gibson

      Wendy Gibson

      Wendy
      achaikin <andrew@...> wrote:
      Howdy, Andrew Chaikin here.

      I'm giving some more vocal percussion classes
      in Berkeley this Sunday and the next. The first
      one is for complete beginners; then, if you
      like what you learned, you can come back a
      week later and go deeper.

      The Beginner class is open-enrollment. The
      Intermediate class will be limited to 10
      students only.

      Here's what to do:

      - If you're interested in the Beginner class:
      contact the Jazzschool at 510-845-5373
      and sign up.

      - If you're interested in the Intermediate class:
      email me, and include your phone number so
      we can set up a little phone audition. I want
      to see how many slots are still open.

      Even though the venue is called the Jazzschool,
      I'll be covering all sorts of styles: rock,
      hip-hop, funk, world, etc.

      More info on the classes:

      =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-=

      Sun, Aug 3 -- 10am-12noon
      LEARN VOCAL PERCUSSION!

      Drum with your mouth! You can become a
      vocal percussionist in no time -- I'll teach
      you how. Practicing vocal percussion is
      good for singers, drummers, or anybody
      who likes to make noise. No experience is
      required, but be prepared to use your
      voice in totally new ways. $30 for
      Jazzschool students, $45 otherwise.

      This class is open-enrollment; call the
      Jazzschool (510-845-5373) to sign up.

      =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-=

      Sun, Aug 10 -- 10am-12noon
      INTERMEDIATE VOCAL PERCUSSION

      This class is for those who have a grasp
      of the basics of vocal percussion, and
      want to take their skills to the next level.
      Class size will be limited to 10 students.
      $50 for Jazzschool students, $65 otherwise.

      Prerequisites: my Beginning VP class, and/or
      a grasp of the basics, demonstrable via a
      low-stress phone audition.

      We'll have you doing multiple sounds at once,
      advanced breath control, bass lines and VP,
      etc.

      For more info on the registration process:
      http://www.biggerbread.com/classes.htm

      =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-=

      Both classes will be held at:

      The Jazzschool
      2087 Addison St., Berkeley CA
      (510) 845-5373
      http://www.jazzschool.com/classes/vocal.php

      =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-=

      If you don't know who the heck I am, or why
      I am qualified to teach vocal percussion, feel
      free to listen to the many samples available
      at my Web site: http://www.biggerbread.com

      Peace in every breath,

      Andrew Chaikin
      andrew at bigger bread dot com

      For the latest me-news, join one of my
      e-newsletters: one for SF Bay Area folks,
      one for everywhere else. I promise to tread
      lightly on your inbox. For more info,
      see http://www.biggerbread.com

      ba-acappella: The Bay Area A Cappella Community
      http://www.baac.net

      Wendy Gibson