Solstice summer concerts

  • sheryl kaskowitz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2003
      Hi everyone. Just wanted to let you know about three upcoming Solstice
      concerts this summer, including our first concert on the Peninsula and two
      performances at intimate venues in Berkeley.

      We have some new classical music in our repertoire (including pieces for
      women's voices by Durufle, Poulenc, and Kodaly), plus historical works by
      women composers and our usual mix of traditional and popular music from all
      over the world.

      Hope you can join us!

      *********
      Friday, July 25
      8 pm
      College Heights Church
      1150 W. Hillsdale Boulevard, San Mateo
      Admission: $7

      College Heights Church can be reached by exiting W. Hillsdale Blvd. from
      Highway 92 (between 101 and 280). After exiting, follow W. Hillsdale South
      past Laurelwood Shopping Center. Turn left into the church driveway just
      past the shopping plaza and park in the parking lot down the hill to the
      left.
      For a map: www.stanford.edu/~burklo2/map.jpeg

      **********
      Sunday, August 3
      7:30 pm
      Live Oak Concerts: Chamber Music at the Berkeley Art Center
      1275 Walnut Street, Berkeley
      Admission: $10/$8 for members (children under 12 admitted free)
      www.berkeleyartcenter.org

      ************
      Saturday, August 16
      8 pm
      Epic Arts' 1923 Teahouse
      1923 Ashby Avenue, Berkeley
      Admission: $10 suggested donation (no one turned away for lack of funds)
      www.epicarts.org

      **By the way: please feel free to email us if you would like to be taken off
      this list. We won't be offended, we promise! Otherwise, please feel free to
      pass this along to anyone you think might be interested. Thanks!**

      Solstice, a female vocal ensemble
      www.earthwaterrecords.com/solstice

      Solstice is Becca Burrington, Krista Enos, Sheryl Kaskowitz, Mari Marjamaa,
      Kim Warsaw, and Sara Webb.