Publicity and PR seminars available in the Bay Area.

  • jessika.geo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2003
      Do you want to perform more? Being a great group isn't enough -
      people need to know about you. The first step towards that is putting
      together a quality press kit. Every group looking to gig more often
      or get media attention needs promotional material that is attention-
      grabbing. Learn how to create a kit that says "Look at me!"

      Seminars taught by Jessika Diamond, the co-author of CASA's "The
      Ultimate A Cappella Press Kit," former director of the International
      Championship of Collegiate A Cappella, a frequent lecturer at the
      East Coast Summit and a former music journalist.

      Location is Sunnyvale (unless you want to provide the space, in which
      case I'm willing to travel anywhere from Monterey to Napa). Seminar
      appointments available days, evenings or weekends.

      Contact me to discuss rates. (They vary depending on the number of
      attendees and the amount of travel; discounts given to college & high
      school groups): jessika.d@...

      SEMINARS AVAILABLE:

      - PR 101

      Learn about how to choose or create your:
      Press release
      One-sheet
      Biography
      Photos
      Clippings
      Business card
      Letterhead

      - PR 201

      You have your press kit. What do you DO with it? How can you make it
      stand out from the hundreds of others landing on a booking agent or
      reviewer's desk in a given week? Topics include common mistakes in
      kits, image and presentation, websites and online press kits.

      CRITIQUING SERVICE:

      Get your existing press kit assessed, with an analysis of the
      strengths and weaknesses and tips on how to improve it.

      For info: Jessika Diamond, jessika.d@...