Out On A Clef hosts open mic at Montclair Thurs. 4/17

  • Janet Rachel
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2003
      OUT ON A CLEF is happy to be back singing again, and is especially
      pleased to be your host for Women's Talent Showcase open mic,
      Thursday, April 17, in Montclair. Our former lead vocalist, Kris
      Gannon, has decided she misses us and is back in the fold. But not
      before making her own CD of wonderful "Songs I Wish I'd Written."
      Help us welcome her sparkley, multi-talented self back! We will sing
      a few tunes for you.

      All women are invited, so drop in for some wonderful entertainment
      and bring your poems, prose, (original work only on readings),
      instruments, voice or any other talent you might have. Or come and be
      part of the audience. Sign up is at 7pm, show is from 7:30 to 9:30
      with an intermission. We do not provide a sound system, but you can
      bring an amp or CD/tape player if you like and plug in.

      Join us at the Montclair Women's Cultural Arts Club, 1650 Mountain
      Blvd. in Oakland. (Corner of Mountain and Thornhill, take the
      Thornhill turn off on Highway 13 ), 510-339-1832 .
      $5 at the door. Still the best deal in town. See ya there.

      AND, coming up for all women:

      Plan to come to the Hopland Women's Music Festival May 30 - June 1 !!
      OUT ON A CLEF will perform on the Friday night stage along with many
      other talented women. This is a terrific music and arts festival in
      the serenity of the Full Moon Ranch located in the Mendocino county
      hills. 560 acres of pristine woman-owned land, music and art all
      weekend, creekside camping (tent or RV), swimming hole, craft
      fair.... all in a safe and supportive setting. Info at
      www.hoplandwomensfestival.com.