High Seas auditions and Sat performanc

  • jpettus@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2003
      The High Seas Jazz Vocal Octet, based in San Francisco, will open auditions
      for a principal 1st soprano and an "understudy" 2nd alto soon...either in
      March or June. We must fill these positions by summer in order to give the
      new people time to learn the music.
      Meanwhile, if you'd like to hear us, we have a rare "public" performance
      this Saturday. (Most of our gigs are at the St. Francis Yacht Club or private
      parties.)
      The performance is a benefit (suggested donation $20) to help send the
      Calvary Presbyterian Church Chancel Choir to France. It's called "Evening in
      Paris" and will include a musical revue, wine & hors d. , etc.
      I don't know much about the rest of the program, but High Seas will be
      doing two tunes near the beginning of the evening (7:30 PM) and two more
      toward the end (probably 9-9:30PM), so if you'd like to hear us, come on by.
      The church is at the corner of Fillmore and Jackson Streets in San
      Francisco's Pacific Heights neighborhood.

      Jackie Pettus
      High Seas
      Audition Chair

      P.S. If you'd like more information, or tapes and music for the two audition
      songs, let me know.