Re: [ba-acappella] Seeking strong female voice

  • Mayank Thanawala
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 27, 2003
      I should probably point out that the configuration of
      the ensemble will be a quartet, SATB....

      It's been a long week...

      :-)

      MKT

      --- "Mayank Thanawala <deus_pater@...>"
      > The idea is to look good, sing popular music from
      > the 30s and 40s in
      > modern a cappella arrangements that use our voices
      > to the fullest,
      > and be really marketable to corporates and weddings.
      > Looking for a
      > female singer who looks like age 25-30ish, any
      > range, with a
      > powerful voice.
      >
      > Maintaining pitch, harmonizing, and learning
      > non-intuitive parts must
      > be easy for you. Performance experience a definite
      > plus. Ability to
      > take a well known song and make it yours is key.
      > Professionalism and
      > an easy going group-oriented attitude are
      > necessities -- There's no
      > point if it's not fun, and we won't get hired if
      > we're not on time!
      >
      > If this sounds interesting to you, and if you're in
      > the San Francisco
      > area and have a little flexibility in your day job,
      > and want to gig
      > for money, please contact us before February 8.
      > Thanks!!
      >
      > MKT
      > deus_pater@...

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Rob Jellinghaus
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 28, 2003
        Hi folks. My name's Rob Jellinghaus. I'm a baritone with a good ear, very
        good (though not perfect) pitch, some basic sightreading skills, and
        performance experience (back in college and more recently with the
        erstwhile Westwind Voices). Most of my singing history is with folk /
        barbershop type music -- I'm not a skilled jazz singer, for instance (not
        yet, anyway!).

        I'm looking to join a small, skilled-amateur a cappella group, ideally one
        which holds auditions and which gigs here and there.

        I live in Concord, so a group in the east bay would be especially nice :-)

        All leads appreciated.
        Cheers!
        Rob Jellinghaus
        http://www.unrealities.com/robj