Rhiannon Santa Cruz mountains retreat

  • Selene Vega
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2003
      Taking Flight
      a vocal workshop
      with Rhiannon

      March 15-16, 2003
      10am to 5pm
      in the mountains above Santa Cruz, CA

      This weekend workshop is a wonderful opportunity for those of you with
      good singing skills to spend two days working with Rhiannon at a
      mountain retreat close to the Bay Area. The workshop takes place at the
      top of a ridge in an off the grid, straw bale house full of light and
      good energy. Rhiannon says "The space where we sing is the best I know
      of: great shape to accommodate circling, fine sound gear and piano, and
      wonderful accommodations so everyone is comfortable and able to dig into
      their musical soul. I find this place so satisfying personally, and the
      singers we have gathered in our last three workshops there were very
      strong and from all around the state of California." There is a hot tub
      just outside and plenty of trails for walking and singing. If you have
      good basic music skills, a strong love of improvisation and the desire
      to get out into the beautiful countryside of the Santa Cruz Mountains,
      Come on! We look forward to sharing music and nature with you at Skyote
      Mountain in March.

      For singers who have developed basic skills in rhythm and pitch and are
      comfortable singing in a group setting, this weekend is a supportive and
      inspiring environment for exploring the rich and alive world of
      improvisation. Working alone, in pairs, and in ensemble, students
      strengthen skills in rhythm, vocal technique, body integration, harmony
      and ear training. Improvisation exercises put these tools into context
      and encourage deep listening, musical awareness and expanded creativity.
      Tap into new levels of personal expression as Rhiannon's innovative
      exercises guide you to expand your musical horizons!

      Rhiannon is a vibrant, gifted singer and master teacher who has been
      bringing her unique and potent blend of world music, jazz, improvisation
      and storytelling to students and audiences for three decades. At the
      center of Rhiannon‚s teaching is the integration of the breath, body,
      and voice. Her workshops provide a wholistic and challenging environment
      for singers to let go of the known and discover a more spontaneous
      musical expression. Her strong, compassionate, and constructive guidance
      encourages participants to step beyond their edge and fly!

      Tuition: $200

      For more info: selene@...

      To register, send $75 non-refundable deposit to:
      Selene Vega
      P.O. Box 1691
      Santa Cruz, CA 95061

      Class size is limited.

      Need a place to stay overnight? Contact us for accommodation info.

      --
      ~^~^~^~^~^~^~ selene@... http://www.spiritmoving.com