Singers Wanted for Mahler Eighth Symphony Chorus

  • Gail Jones
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 1998
      [Moderator's note: please reply to the geographically closest of the
      directors who are listed at the end of this message if you are
      interested, not to Gail Jones, who's merely forwarding the info.]

      Both men and women are needed to sing Mahler's Symphony No. 8
      ("Symphony of a Thousand") with Redwood Symphony, Dr. Eric Kujawsky,
      Music Director.

      Rehearsals begin after the first of the year on Tuesday nights.
      Dr. Patricia Hennings will rehearse the Skyline College Chorus (San
      Bruno, Chorus I), John Bush the College of Notre Dame Chorus (Belmont,
      Chorus II), and Janice Gunderson the Peninsula Cantare at Cañada
      College (Redwood City, Chorus II). Some Wednesday nights with the
      orchestra at Cañada College in March and April will be necessary.
      We hope to place singers with the chorus that is most conveniently
      located to home or work.

      The performance will be on Sunday, April 11 at 3:00, at the San Mateo
      Performing Arts Center. The soloists have already been selected.

      We desire strong singers with good reading skills. Don't miss out on
      what could be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do this incredible
      work! Pass the word; we want to double the size of the choruses we
      have now.

      Contact information:

      Eric Kujawsky: 650-366-6872, MaestroEK@...
      Patricia Hennings: 650-327-3095, 738-4384, Pfhennings@...