M-PACT! on radio 91.5 FM -- Tues 11/9 AM

  • Phil DeBar
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 1998
      Hello A Cappella Fans!

      Here's a reason to try once again to tune into "The Human Voice Show"
      - tomorrow our special, live, in-studio guest is M-PACT!, the 1996
      Harmony Sweepstakes champions. They will be pushing their Wed night
      11/11 show at Stanford U/Dinkelspiel Aud @ 7:30 PM - a benefit for the
      Leukemia Society - also featuring the '98 CASA/College National
      Champs, the UC Berkeley Men's Octet. [Moderator's note: ...and hosted
      by the Stanford Harmonics.]

      So tune in 91.5 FM this Tuesday, 7:00-10:00 AM. Also featured will be
      the new Take 6 and Revival CDs along with M-PACT! around 8:45 AM.

      ----------------

      Now, to receive KKUP : the problem is the immediate adjacent station,
      KALW 91.7. It has all talk and news (NPR) mormings. Take your FM
      wire antenna, boombox antenna, and/or the AC cord, and tune in 91.7
      really well - then MOVE them/it so that KALW is really BAD-staticky.
      Then, try to tune in KKUP at 91.5.

      This worked when I lived in Emeryville in that Powell St. highrise by
      80. Cars often have better tuners than home units. KKUP is easier
      and clearer from Oakland south, covering the inner Bay strongly from
      the San Mateo Bridge south; we also cover all of Santa Cruz and
      Monterey Counties.

      Also, at 91.1 is KCSM - a great jazz station, also very strong. It's
      mostly instrumentals, and KKUP'll be playing all vocals. So KKUP
      (91.5 FM) is between the talk (91.7) and the jazz (91.1)

      Sing-cheerily,

      phil

      Phil DeBar phil_debar@...
      host, "A Cappella Radio International" (ARI) - CASA - hear it on
      www.spebsqsa.org
      (now on 42 stations worldwide!)
      host, "Human Voice Show" KKUP-FM 91.5 Tues 7-10am , San Jose/Monterey, CA
      host, "Human Voice Connections" KRCB-FM 91.1 Fri 10-12pm, Santa Rosa, CA
      Singing Judge - SPEBSQSA
      (707) 544-8738 1933 Hexem Ave., Santa Rosa, CA 95404 USA