Possible performance ops for the right singers

  • ken
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2002
      Dear fellow vocal enthusiasts:

      Ken Malucelli, from A Cappella Central and Prince/SF Productions
      here.

      As this group is of interest to a cappella fans and singers in
      general, I am posting the following notice here, because some of
      the singing in this show actually is a cappella.

      I am currently seeking classically trained (read "opera/operetta")
      singers to join Savoy Express, my Gilbert & Sullivan potpourri en-
      semble, for some upcoming shows, to work as subs/alternate cast,
      for this six-person group. For a quick overview:

      http://www.PrinceSF.com/artists-cabaret-savoy.htm

      Ideal candidates need to be great solo singers with a flair for
      comedy, move well on stage (there is some choreo in the show),
      and have some theatrical experience under their belts, to match
      the overall backgrounds of the rest of the cast.

      Specifically, I'm in need of a lead romantic tenor (Nanki-Poo,
      Frederic, Alexis, Strephon, Tolloller, Richard) and a character
      mezzo capable of playing older women (Katisha, Mad Margaret,
      Lady Sangazure, Mrs. Partlett, etc).

      I might also be needing 1 or 2 high sopranos (one sings Mabel, Rose,
      Phyllis, Psyche, Tessa, Angelina; the other sings Patience, Aline,
      Elsie, Gianetta, Josephine, Yum-Yum).

      More specifically, I am in need of the tenor and mezzo (and maybe
      a soprano) for a concert up near Tacoma, WA, on Sat Jan 25; and I
      and in need of the tenor for a mini-tour in New York state, en-
      compassing three concerts plus travel days, April 3-7.

      All gigs are paid and will cover travel expenses, etc.

      If you or anyone you know finds this of interest and is available,
      please contact me *immediately!*

      Thanks for your consideration.
      KM