Solo a cappella albums search

  • onemouthband
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4, 2002
      Hey everybody -

      I'm looking to put a list on Amazon.com of all the solo a cappella
      albums I can find. Aside from my own CD, I know of Bobby
      McFerrin's "The Voice" and an out-of-print one by the blues/folk
      legend Leadbelly. There's got to be a puirt-a-beul or gospel album
      too, or maybe even somebody doing what I do? Please tell me if you
      know of any other full albums containing just one voice. Thanks!

      Sam Rogers
      rogers@...
      www.OneMouthBand.com
    • Randy Phillips
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 5, 2002
        Todd Rundgren did a solo a cappella album called, strangey enough, 'A
        Cappella'. It's an overdub project; is that the kind of thing you're
        talking about?
        ==
        Randy

      • Tim_Walters@digidesign.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 5, 2002
          Ewan MacColl did an album of solo voice renditions of Scottish folk ballads. It
          was on Folkways. I can look up the title if you're interested.
        • Wow Zaman
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 5, 2002
            Please don't "reply-all" to ba-acappella, folks.

            The rest of us don't need to see every individual response;
            we'll all get to see the whole list
            soon enough, when it's on Amazon. :-)

            Thanks, and good morning!

            ==scott

            --- Randy Phillips <randy@...> wrote:
            > Todd Rundgren did a solo a cappella album called, strangey enough, 'A
            >
            > Cappella'. It's an overdub project; is that the kind of thing you're
            > talking about?
            > ==
            > Randy
            >
            > At 10:24 PM 9/4/2002 +0000, you wrote:
            > >Hey everybody -
            > >
            > >I'm looking to put a list on Amazon.com of all the solo a cappella
            > >albums I can find. Aside from my own CD, I know of Bobby
            > >McFerrin's "The Voice" and an out-of-print one by the blues/folk
            > >legend Leadbelly. There's got to be a puirt-a-beul or gospel album
            > >too, or maybe even somebody doing what I do? Please tell me if you
            > >know of any other full albums containing just one voice. Thanks!
            > >
            > >Sam Rogers
            > >rogers@...
            > >www.OneMouthBand.com
            > >

            > >ba-acappella: The Bay Area A Cappella Community
            > >http://www.baac.net

            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            >

            > ba-acappella: The Bay Area A Cappella Community
            > http://www.baac.net

            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            =====
            Protect your recipients from spam -- use Bcc: whenever possible!

            http://finance.yahoo.com
          • Michael Olivier
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 5, 2002
              It's a good point, Scott, not to reply-all for private commentary. Thanks. To clarify one detail -- it is sometimes appropriate to reply-all on ba-acappella if the response is likely to be of interest to the community. This is *not* an announce-only list.

              Bottom line: please be thoughtful, and flip-side: please use your delete key liberally if it's not interesting to you.

              While I have your ear, a brief thanks to Ping Huang for his continued help in administering the ba-acappella list.

              --Michael @ BAAC.net

              --- Randy Phillips <randy@...> wrote:
              > Todd Rundgren did a solo a cappella album called, strangey enough, 'A
              >
              > Cappella'. It's an overdub project; is that the kind of thing you're
              > talking about?
              > ==
              > Randy
              >
              > At 10:24 PM 9/4/2002 +0000, you wrote:
              > >Hey everybody -
              > >
              > >I'm looking to put a list on Amazon.com of all the solo a cappella
              > >albums I can find.

              Your Neighbors Online (available to residents nationwide):
              http://www.Local2Me.com