www.a-acappella.com: New Take 6 CD, A Cappella Calendar

  • Don Gooding
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 1998
      New at http://www.a-cappella.com

      Take 6: So Cool
      They're back! After an all too long hiatus from a cappella, Take 6 is
      back where they belong - producing their unique brand of unaccompanied
      harmony. The title tune is classic Take 6 - a mix of jazz and R&B
      with a subtle Christian theme and spectacular vocal pyrotechnics. The
      same could be said of the mellow vibe in "Sonshine," the infectious
      jazz waltz of "Wings Of Your Prayer," and vocal percussion rich
      "Nothin' But Love." The group adopts the mbube style (with Take 6
      enhancements) of Ladysmith Black Mambazo at the beginning of "Fly
      Away" but can't resist breaking into an unrestrained chorus by the
      end. There are three accompanied numbers - there's a little synth on
      "You'll Be Waiting For Me" and "Everybody Ought To Know." Ironically,
      just after an "A-ca-lud" in which they say "we're back to our a
      cappella roots" is the most accompanied tune, "Love and Harmony." But
      hey, we're glad they've produced another gem - don't wait to hear it!
      3108 C16.98 T10.98
      SPECIAL PRICE: Order by Halloween, CD is only $13.98

      See http://www.a-cappella.com/new.html#take6 for RealAudio clips of
      Take 6: So Cool

      365 Days of A Cappella
      We're proud to offer the first ever calendar for a cappella fans! Each
      month features a color picture of your favorite groups, beginning with
      Rockapella and ending with Five O'Clock Shadow, with The House Jacks,
      The Blenders, The Swingle Singers and more in between! There are high
      quality images of more than 300 CD covers, plus birthdays, a cappella
      milestones and major a cappella events in 1999. Hang this 11" x 17"
      beauty on your wall and make a statement! The perfect gift for singers
      and fans alike!
      9901 B11.97
      SAVE 50%! Only $5.97 with the purchase of $50 of other merchandise!

      See http://www.a-cappella.com/calendar.html for pictures!

      Don Gooding
      Mainly A Cappella http://www.a-cappella.com
      don@... P.O. Box 159
      800-827-2936 Southwest Harbor, ME 04679
      207-244-7603 (overseas calls) 207-244-7613 (fax)