audition for Making Waves!

  • irinarivkin
    Message 1 of 2 , May 9, 2002
      Seeking harmony goddess!

      for Making Waves, a personal-political original women's vocal
      ensemble.
      Do you love to sing, rehearse, and perform with other women? Can you
      blend in intricate harmony, then jump into vocal percussion or an
      improvisational lead? Does your voice express your heart, your
      passion, and your convictions? Can you commit to a weekly rehearsal
      and regular performances? We sing mostly-original songs -- both
      songwriters & non-songwriters welcome. Reading music is not
      important, but a good ear for creating and singing harmony is.
      Especially seeking contralto, vocal percussionist, or multi-range. Be
      part of a sweet, soulful, & rockin' bend of voices to express &
      inspire personal and social change! Our voice-parts are fluid, but
      we're primarily seeking someone with a low voice, who ideally can
      also contribute percussion (vocal or drum).

      Making Waves: Singing out truth in three-part harmony
      www.rosestreetmusic.com/makingwaves First organized around an
      original song in support of community radio station KPFA's struggle,
      this women's vocal ensemble continued, in a variety of incarnations,
      to inspire audiences through it's powerful lyrics and intricate
      harmonies. Based in the East Bay, MW has performed locally and toured
      the West Coast. We're a trio & sing original songs about personal and
      political empowerment, performing at venues rnging from lgbt pride
      festivals to folk clubs to house concerts to hot springs resorts.

      for info/audition call (510) 594-4000 ext. MUS (then press 1 to skip
      to the beep).

      thanks :o) irina
    • irinarivkin
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 16 11:53 PM
        Seeking harmony goddess!

        for Making Waves, a personal-political original women's vocal
        ensemble (mostly acappella though we're open to branching out if you
        play an instrument). Based in Berkeley, CA.

        Do you love to sing, rehearse, and perform with other women? Can you
        blend in intricate harmony, then jump into vocal percussion or an
        improvisational lead? Does your voice express your heart, your
        passion, and your convictions? Can you commit to a weekly rehearsal
        and regular performances, maybe an occasional tour (a week or two per
        year)? We sing mostly-original songs -- both songwriters & non-
        songwriters welcome. Reading music is not important, but a good ear
        for creating and singing harmony is. Especially seeking contralto,
        percussion (vocal and/or hand-drum), or multi-range. Be part of a
        sweet, soulful, & rockin' blend of voices to express & inspire
        personal and social change!

        Making Waves: Singing out truth in three-part harmony
        www.rosestreetmusic.com/makingwaves
        First organized around an original song in support of community radio
        station KPFA's struggle, this women's vocal ensemble continued, in a
        variety of incarnations, to inspire audiences through it's powerful
        lyrics and intricate harmonies. Based in the East Bay, MW has
        performed locally and toured the West Coast. We're a trio & sing
        original songs about personal and political empowerment, performing
        at venues ranging from lgbt pride and women's festivals to folk clubs
        to colleges to house concerts to hot springs resorts.

        "Deliciously playful lyrics that bite back! . . . sweet melodies and
        provocative lyrics"
        -Helen Walsh, Art Juju Producer

        "I feel as though I am hearing the voice of our ancestors. Deep,
        inspired, & passionate... richly textured arrangements make the songs
        both urgent & enduring" -Andrea Pritchett of Rebecca Riots

        for info/audition call (510) 594-4000 ext. MUS (then press 1 to skip
        to beep).