O Divine Earth; Early Music of the Sacred & Secular

  • Erica Grevemeyer
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2002
      Bella Musica Presents:
      O Divine Earth; Early Music of the Sacred &
      Secular

      Please join Bella Musica as we are transported by
      the ethereal strains of Hildegard von Bingen;
      entranced by the intricate harmonies of
      Monteverdi, Weelkes, and Rossi; and moved to
      dance to music from the Llibre Vermell.� We will
      be joined this season by musicians playing a
      collection of period instruments, including the
      hurdy-gurdy.� Ann Callaway, Bella's composer in
      residence, returns for the world premiere of the
      second installment of her "Songs from the
      Gardener," based on a poem by Rabinindrath
      Tagore.

      Saturday, May 18, 8pm
      St. Joseph the Worker
      1640 W. Addison (at McGee) in Berkeley

      Sunday May 19, 4pm
      Corpus Christi Church
      322 St. James Drive in Piedmont

      suggested donation $15, $10 students/seniors

      Both venues are wheelchair accessible.
      For more information visit www.bellamusica.org,
      call 510.525.5393, or email info@....

      http://health.yahoo.com